Friday, July 13, 2012

Sweet Evil Review

Title: Sweet Evil

Author: Wendy Higgins

Date of Publication: May 1, 2012

Formats Available: Paperback, E-Book

Synopsis: Anna Whitt has always had strange abilities, she can sense emotions and can use her five senses to a farther extent than any human can. When she meets bad boy Kaidan Rowe she's shocked to learn that she's not the only one with these abilities, apparently all the Nephilim have them. The Nephilim are all sons and daughters of demons and each is assigned a deadly sin that they must spread to their peers. When Anna and Kaidan make a road trip to California to discover the truth of Anna's birth they learn she is part angel and part demon, now Anna must decide which of her natures she will embrace.

My Review:


Sweet Evil started off amazing, I was instantly drawn into the story and found myself falling in love with both Anna and Kaidan's characters. For the most part I enjoyed the plot, though parts seemed a bit unbelievable. However, I was a little disappointed in the last third of this book. A bit boring and anti- climatic the ending, while necessary, was my least favorite part of the novel.


I loved the characters in this book, especially swoon worthy Kaidan. The ultimate bad boy it was impossible not to fall in love with him and his dark personality. Good girl Anna was the perfect foil for him and their heady romance gave me goosebumps. All the characters in this book were great, from loving Patti to Anna's biker father the amazing cast of characters make for a great read.


I really enjoyed the plot, even though it was hard to believe that Anna's over protective mother Patti would let her go on a road trip with Kaidan, it was still an enjoyable story. The ending left it open for a sequel which I am dying to read, I sure hope there's more of Kaidan! I'm also excited to see what Anna is supposed to do with the Sword of Righteousness and how shes going to keep all the demons off her back!


Sweet Evil was a great book, the ending is a little slow but otherwise an amazing first novel. I'm looking forward to future books by Higgins and more about Anna and her powers. I would recommend this novel to anyone who is a fan of urban fantasy or paranormal romance.


4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment