Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Iron Fey #2: The Iron Daughter Review:

Title: The Iron Fey #2: The Iron Daughter

Author: Julie Kagawa

Date of Publication: August 1, 2010

Formats Available: Paperback, E-Book

Synopsis: After being brought back to the Unseelie Court because of her bargain with Prince Ash, Meghan finds herself abandoned by everyone she knows and loves. When the Summer and Winter Courts find themselves on the brink of war Meghan knows that she is the only one that can stop it. With or without the help of Ash, who has been cold and distant toward her, Meghan sets out on a quest to restore order to the faery realm. With the help of Puck, Grimalkin, and a surprising new supporter Meghan struggles to restore order to the only home she has left.

My Review:


I enjoyed The Iron Daughter just as much as I enjoyed The Iron King, with the same hilarious cast of characters and a unexpected turn of events in the plot this novel really kept me interested. I continue to love the interactions between Puck and Ash, both my favorite characters the animosity between them adds an interesting dynamic to the story.


I started off The Iron Daughter feeling a little irritated with Meghan, however as the story went on I found myself liking her more, while not one of my favorite characters she makes a good heroine. The semi love triangle between Ash, Meghan, and Puck was a surprising development; the romance between Puck and Meghan was a little halfhearted, leaving the reader knowing the entire time who Meghan is going to pick in the end.


I was excited to see more about Meghan's powers in this novel, while not completely explained its beginning to become more apparent what her talent is. As Meghan learns more and more about how her life is intertwined with faery she grows up and becomes a stronger heroine, I'm excited to see where Kagawa goes with this series. Especially after the secrets that were revealed in this book.


No better or worse than the first in the series, The Iron Daughter will not be a disappointment to fans of the first novel. Dull moments are few and far between as Meghan struggles with different sides of faery and two completely different love interests. A great continuation to the Iron Fey series, I enjoyed this book and would recommend it to younger fans of fantasy and paranormal novels.


4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment