Sunday, November 25, 2012

Hex Hall #2: Demonglass Review

Title: Hex Hall #2: Demonglass

Author: Rachel Hawkins

Date of Publication: March 22, 2011

Formats Available: Hardcover, Paperback, E-Book

Note: This review may contain mild spoilers from the first book, Hex Hall

Synopsis: After discovering that she is part demon Sophie is determined to go through the Removal, a process that will remover her powers and thus keep everyone she loves safe. In an attempt to change her mind her father invites Sophie, Jenna, and Cal to stay with him in London; right where Sophie's crush who tried to kill her, Archer, is hiding. When Sophie arrives she finds that her housemates are none other than two teenage demons, meaning someone has been raising demons in an attempt to control them. With the help of Jenna, Cal, and even Archer Sophie must discover who's been raising these demons and try to control her powers before she no longer has powers to control.

My Review:


I always end up liking books in this series way more than I anticipate liking them! A fantastic addition to the series Demonglass was just as fun and exciting as the first one! Full of witty characters, hidden secrets, and page turning excitement I find it impossible not to love this series!


I absolutely love reading about Sophie, her hilarious and sarcastic comments have me laughing out loud and her great personality makes her a joy to read about. The love triangle between her, Archer, and her betrothed Cal is a little tedious because it's very obvious who she's going to end up with, but it adds a little spice to the story. On that note, I really started to like Cal in this novel. Quiet and mysterious Cal is everything Archer is not, and while I like both of them I'd have to say I lean a little more toward Cal!


One of my favorite things about this series is Jenna. I love that Hawkins made one of the main characters a lesbian and that everyone in the novel is okay with her being a lesbian. She's best friends with Sophie and even shares a room with her and nobody cares at all, I absolutely love the message of acceptance that Hawkins indirectly sends out.


From betrayal, to secrets, to attempts on Sophie's life there is hardly a dull moment in this novel. I definitely didn't see most of the twists in this novel coming and the ending left me surprised and reaching for the next book. Full of secret meetings with Archer, the discovery of new powers, and the developing of a love triangle between Archer, Cal, and Sophie this book was full of enough action to keep everyone happy.


I surprise myself with how much I enjoy this series. With Sophie's witty comments, page turning excitement, and a great plot I would highly recommend this series to anyone looking for a fun and exciting school story with a twist.


5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment