Monday, January 28, 2013

The Evolution of Mara Dyer Review

evolution of mara dyerTitle: The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #2)

Author: Michelle Hodkin

Date of Publication: October 23, 2012

Formats Available: Hardcover, Paperback, E-Book

Buy This BookAmazon

Synopsis: 

Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past.

She can’t.

She used to think her problems were all in her head.

They aren’t.

She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets.

She’s wrong.

In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?
My Review:

I absolutely adored every second of The Evolution of Mara Dyer, full of moments that will leave the reader questioning their sanity right along with Mara and a beautiful and heartfelt romance this novel left my head reeling. Absolutely perfect in every way The Evolution of Mara Dyer was a fantastic addition to an already amazing series.

This novel is not a light read; full of terrifying events and the constant threat of insanity I felt like I was losing my mind right along with Mara. Jude was a terrifying stalker; taking pictures of Mara while she slept and leaving them in her bag, leaving dead cats on her doorstep, paying people Mara knew to give her horrifying notes and strange messages, all without leaving a trace behind. Compelling and suspenseful Mara struggles to stay sane while searching for answers about her powers.

As in the first novel I absolutely adored Noah. Complete with his apathetic attitude and British accent he was there for Mara throughout the entire novel. The calm on in every situation Noah is completely devoted to Mara and does everything in his power to keep her safe and help her discover the truth of their powers. Their beautiful and loving romance was one of my favorite parts of the novel, each of them being exactly what the other needs.

Ending with a shocking conclusion and horrible cliff-hanger I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the sequel. Hodkin's writing is beautiful and haunting; the story resonating long after the last page has been turned. Definitely not for the faint of heart these novels are shocking but amazing. Making this a series I plan to read over and over again for years to come.

One of my favorite series of all time I urge everyone to pick up these novels. If you plan on reading one series this year, make this series be it! The Mara Dyer series will not disappoint!

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment