Monday, June 24, 2013

Review: The Dream Weaver

Title: The Dream Weaver

Author: Amy Baker

Date of Publication: March 23, 2013

Formats Available: E-Book

Buy This Book: Amazon

Synopsis: FairLorians are a society of Dream Weavers whose sole purpose has been keeping harmony and balance throughout the Universe. By entering people’s dreams they can influence decisions and manipulate outcomes; outcomes that can affect the planet and therefore the entire Universe. So when Anda, a beautiful young Weaver, refuses to subscribe to the life that is bestowed upon her and avoids another mission, she isn’t shocked to find out that she is in trouble…again. But this time the penalty for her infraction isn’t laughable. Her mother, part of the council of Weavers, has had enough of her irresponsible behavior and decides to teach her a lesson once and for all. She sends Anda to the one planet that is known throughout the Universe to be the most troubled hoping that she will learn her lesson and alter the outcome that her irresponsibility set in motion. But in the end, will Anda learn her lesson and want to return to her life as a Weaver or learn more about herself and how she doesn’t fit in?

The Miller boys have had their fair share of heartache. First with the loss of their mother and then a tragic accident that has left their little sister lying lifeless in a coma. So when a gorgeous “counselor” shows up in their pool house, the Miller men welcome the distraction with open arms. But when Anda sets her gaze on Sam Miller, the oldest Miller brother and successful aviation engineer, sparks begin to fly uncontrollably.

Sam Miller doesn’t want for much. He’s a partner in a successful aviation company, he’s self confident and good looking. But when a new counselor arrives to help his brother Jack, Sam is awe struck by her beauty and for the first time in his life fearful that things might not work out in his favor. Hoping to put an end to his bachelor status, Sam sets out to make Anda his one and only…even if it means a lifetime of mashed potatoes…

My Review:

I used to not consider indie novels as "real" books, however the more indie books I read the more impressed I become with some of the amazing ones out there. The Dream Weaver definitely falls into the "amazing" category of indie books and I was surprised how much I ended up loving this novel. With hilarious characters, a fresh idea, and plenty of romance there wasn't much to dislike about this novel!

The Dream Weaver presented a really interesting and original idea that I really enjoyed. I loved the idea of dreams playing such a huge role in day to day life and how one dream, and once choice, could impact so many lives. The plot was hugely entertaining and I really enjoyed reading about the world of FairLorn and their lives as dream creators. On a side note I also really enjoyed was watching how much Bakers writing improved throughout the novel. The writing starts off a little flat but as the story gets going Baker really hits her stride and the story and writing come together perfectly.

One thing I definitely was not expecting was how hilarious this novel was! From Anda's obsession with mashed potatoes to her clulessness when it came to the traditions on Earth I constantly found myself laughing out loud at some of the situations she got herself into. With a chapter titled "Musical beds" and a stream of men saying "holy shit" in Anda's wake I couldn't help but love this book more and more the farther I got into it. The humor was truly what brought the whole novel together and was undoubtedly my favorite part of the story!

I will confess that in the beginning I wasn't quite sure how I felt by Anda and the Miller brothers, but as the story progressed I came to love each of the characters in their own way. Even though the romance felt a little rushed I could feel the spark of genuine affection between Sam and Anda. So often I find myself reading novels with romance based on lust and not mutual attraction so I was absolutely thrilled when, even though there was some lust based attraction, I could see the mutual affection between Anda and Sam.

I was blown away by how much I absolutely loved reading this novel! Anyone on the lookout for a fun, romantic, and hilarious indie novel should definitely check out The Dream Weaver by Amy Baker! One of the best indie novels I've read in a long, long time I would highly recommend checking this one out.

4/5

*I received a copy of this novel in exchange for a free and honest review. All views expressed in this post are entirely my own and100% honest.

1 comment:

  1. I was laughing hysterically when I read about the mashed potatoes! I think I even had to wipe a tear away during that part!

    ReplyDelete