Monday, September 16, 2013

Review: Lux #4: Origin

Title: Lux #4: Origin

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout

Date of Publication: August 27, 2013

Formats Available: Paperback, E-book

Buy This Book: Amazon

SynopsisDaemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything.

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on?

And will they even be together?

My Review: 

Origin is by far one of my favorites so far in the Lux series; with tons of action, a heart stopping romance, and the promise of rising conflict in the next novel, this one did not disappoint! Even though Origin takes a little bit of a different turn than the previous novels I ended up loving it even more than I loved the novels before. When I wasn't reading this book I couldn't get it out of my head and I found myself up until the early hours of the morning racing through to the end. Armentrout created an absolutely wonderful novel and I can't wait to read more of the series!

The absolute best part of this novel was getting the chance to read from Daemons point of view. After three books completely from Katy's point of view I adored getting the chance to see inside Daemon's head and see the way he views Katy. The romance between Daemon and Katy is one of the cutest romances in young adult fiction and I swooned a little bit at every kiss and touch. Seeing the romance from Daemon's point of view added so much depth to their relationship and I loved watching how one little word or look could translate so much between them. Words cannot even describe how happy I am that the next few books in the series will also be from duel perspectives, I just love being in Daemons head!

Origin was also an important novel in terms of plot development, gone is the more lighthearted school story and this novel focuses on a darker and more serious aspect of the series. In this novel we finally get the chance to see inside the Daedalus and find out more about their true motives. Katy's time inside the Daedalus is shocking and horrific with all kinds of secrets coming to the surface and the introduction of a whole new cast of characters. I would definitely call Origin a turning point in the series, not just because of the switch from a more light series into a heavier one but because of how many important and plot-altering events took place. From the deepening of Katy and Daemons relationship, to the death of some characters, and finally the irreversible events at the end of the novel; this novel was a pivotal one in the series and opened up the series to all sorts of changes and excitement.

Beth and Dawson also played a larger role in this novel and I was thrilled to read more about them. They are an absolutely adorable couple and I would absolutely love a book (or at least a short story) about them! I also really enjoyed the involvement of new characters, like Archer, and learning more about older characters like Luc. Both Archer and Luc really caught my attention in this novel and I'm excited to learn more about them in the next novel. Armentrout does a fantastic job creating new characters and giving them the strongest and most original personalities she can. Having wonderful characters is something that's always really important to me and Armentrout does an amazing job creating characters I can come to love... or hate!

The Lux series is one of my absolute favorites in young adult fiction and there is no doubt in my mind when recommending it. I absolutely loved every second of this novel and I'm on the edge of my seat for the next one. Armentrout knows how to weave a fantastic story and she has most definitely pulled me into her web!

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment