Saturday, January 10, 2015

Short Story Saturday: Bewitching the Werewolf

Title: Megan Stevens #1: Bewitching the Werewolf

Author: Caroline Hanson

Date of Publication: September 25, 2011

Formats Available: E-book

Buy This Book: Amazon

Number of Pages: 62

Synopsis: When witch for hire, Megan Stephens, is assigned to help the local werewolf pack leader find a mate, she thinks the job will be easy. Get in, get it up and get gone. But when she meets Zack Connor, she realizes her future might have a lot more dog jokes in it than she ever imagined.

My Review:

Bewitching the Werewolf is one of the many free books I've downloaded from Amazon while I've had my Kindle. While some books end up being absolutely horrible this one (thankfully!) isn't one of them. Bewitching the Werewolf is a super fun read; with a hilarious main character, an interesting premise, and plenty of romance, this is one of those short stories that's perfect to read when you want to read, but don't want the commitment of a whole book.

I immediately loved Megan, she was hilarious and fun, the perfect heroine for a short story. I liked the idea of her being a witch for hire, and when she found out what her assignment was I had to laugh. Megan's commentary was hilarious and there were moments when I found myself laughing out loud. Her love interest, Zack, wasn't as developed as she was but I still enjoyed the romance between them and watching their relationship shift from their immediate dislike of each other to something more. My only complaint about this one is how that half the book seems to be ads for the authors other works, this one should have been longer!

Overall I enjoyed this story and it was really nice to get a taste of Hanson's writing. If I'm ever in need for something new to read I know that I'll be keeping her in mind!

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment