Monday, August 27, 2012

October Daye #2: A Local Habitation Review

Title: October Daye #2: A Local Habitation

Author: Seanan McGuire

Date of Publication: March 2, 2010

Formats Available: Mass Market Paperback, E-Book

Synopsis: Half-fae and half-human October (Toby) Daye is the only changeling to have been knighted by her liege Sylvester. Now Sylvester has a new mission for Toby, she must go to the County of Tamed Lightning to check up on his niece, Countess January O' Leary. When Toby arrives with Quentin, a young pure blood Daoine Sidhe she is training, she can instantly tell that all is not well and January is hiding something. Toby soon learns there has been a string of deaths at the company January owns, scaring off most of her employees and leaving the rest scared for their lives. With wild a killer on the loose nobody knows who could be next, or if any of them will survive.

My Review:


From page one I was instantly in love with A Local Habitation, I liked Rosemary and Rue but I hadn't been expecting to enjoy this novel as much as I did. Starting off with a humorous exchange between Toby and my favorite character, Tybalt, followed by a great plot full of action and excitement I ended up liking the second book in the October Daye series even more than the first!


Despite the claims of numerous reviews I didn't find the mystery as obvious as the complaints said it was, maybe it was just over my head or I was too wrapped up in the story to really think about it but I was kept on my toes until the end. My favorite thing about the October Daye series is the action; constantly avoiding bullets, explosions, and murderers it's almost impossible to put this book down.


I loved Toby's character, I'm not quite sure what changed between this book and the first book but Toby isn't quite as rough around the edges. Quentin was another favorite; completely devoted to Toby his attempts to protect Toby were cute and made me love his character. The interactions between Toby and Tybalt always make me smile or even laugh out loud, despite Toby's claims that she hates him it's obvious that she doesn't and it's obvious that Tybalt cares more about Toby than he's willing to admit. I'm defiantly excited to see where their relationship goes!


A Local Habitation was a fantastic addition to the October Daye series, even better than the first, fans of October Daye will not be disappointed. With not a dull moment in sight and plenty of interesting love interests the October Daye series is a series I look forward to continuing.


5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment