Sunday, September 16, 2012

Black Ice Review

Title: Black Ice

Author: Anne Stuart

Date of Publication: November 20, 2009

Formats Available: Mass Market Paperback, E-Book

Synopsis: When Chloe's roommate Sylvia offers her the amazing chance to make a lot of money by translating for business men at a secluded French chateau Chloe is hesitant to take the job. However, after longing for violence and danger Chloe accepts, hoping to put some excitement in her life. Little does Chloe know that she's going to get exactly what she asked for, the "business" men are not what they seem and when Chloe finds out too much they decide she must be eliminated. To her shock the cold and deadly Bastien Toussaint saves her life and takes her on a wild trip around France, evading those who want to kill her at every turn. Constantly guessing his motives Chloe knows that nowhere is safe, but it looks like Bastein is the only person who can save her life.

My Review:


When I first started Black Ice I wasn't sure what to think. I didn't immediately dislike it but I had a hard time relating to Chloe and most of the characters seemed to fall a little flat. However, once the story picked up it was easy to ignore the slight faults of the characters and get wrapped up in the action and suspense. Despite being a little unmemorable I ended up really enjoying Black Ice.


I wasn't a big fan of the romance between Chloe and Bastain, while it was an interesting aspect to the story their relationship was a little more on the forced side. By the end it seemed a little bit more real but I still had a little trouble believing that Chloe could really fall in love with someone who had done such horrible things to her and in front of her.


The plot made up for the strange romance however. Full of action and suspense I found myself completely engrossed in the novel, wondering what was going to happen, and who was going to die, next. As Chloe ran from one life threatening experience to the next I found it nearly impossible to put this book down.


Despite being a bit forgettable Black Ice is an entertaining and engrossing read. I really loved the action packed plot and the constant guessing of what was going to happen next. Hopefully I can get around to the other books in the series before I totally forget what this one was about!


4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment