Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Endlessly Review

Title: Endlessly (Paranormalcy #3)

Author: Kiersten White

Date of Publication: July 24, 2012

Formats Available: Hardcover, Paperback, E-Book

Synopsis: Evie thought she left her paranormal past behind but when the International Paranormal Containment Agency gets a new director who is determined to drag Evie back to her old life Evie soon learns that she can't leave everything behind as easily as she thought she could. As Evie is pulled back into the paranormal world she discovers the the Dark Faerie Queen is keeping humans captive in the Unseelie court and that Evie is the only one that can save the paranormals trapped on earth from dying. With the help of the mysterious and gorgeous faerie Reth; the boy who once tried to kill her, Jack; and her boyfriend Lend; Evie must save all the paranormals before it's too late and she loses everything that she's always wanted.

My Review:


I'm so sad that this series is over! A stunning conclusion I absolutely loved Endlessly, I'd been looking forward to this book for a long time and it lived up to every single one of my expectations. From Evie's cute and sweet personality to mysterious and enigmatic Reth I loved this series more and more with every book!


Evie has grown up a lot throughout the series, in this final volume she has become a strong and brave character. While she's still adorably ditzy shes grown up a lot, becoming a mature and intelligent heroine. However, Evie is still relateable, her cute obsession with her boyfriend Lend and the TV show Easton Heights, keep her a realistic character. Her sense of humor kept me smiling and her personality is so bubbly and cute it is impossible not to love her!


As anyone who's read my reviews of Paranormalcy and Supernaturally (which are here and here) know I absolutely love Reth. I was absolutely thrilled with the major role he played in this novel. Having no loyalty to anybody but Evie his character is a complete mystery, his cool and separated personality kept me guessing and loving his character more and more!


Endlessly wrapped up the series perfectly! The ending left no loose ends and left me feeling satisfied with the characters and where they were going. Exciting and full of action and romance the plot of Endlessly was one of my favorite of the series, second only to Paranormalcy. I really enjoyed the conflict between the courts and the struggles between Evie and the IPCA, from Evie being bagged and tagged to her attack against the Dark Queen both definitely made for an interesting story!


My only complaint is that sometimes I feel a little lost. Maybe I just somehow manage to accidentally skip vital lines but it took me all the way to this book to actually figure out why it was so important that Evie was an Empty One. However the plot is pretty easy to pick up on so it was never a big problem, I just had a few moments of confusion.


I would definitely recommend this series to middle and high school students looking for a cute read with a fantastic story line! Reluctant readers will gobble this story up and be left wanting more! I love this series and can't wait for more by White!


4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment