Friday, November 30, 2012

The Iron Fey #4: The Iron Knight Review

Title: The Iron Fey #4: The Iron Knight

Author: Julie Kagawa

Date of Publication: October 25, 2011

Formats Available: Paperback, E-Book

Synopsis: After Meghan takes the throne as the Iron Queen in the poisonous Iron Realms and sends Ash away to keep him safe Ash takes a vow to find a way to be with Meghan, no matter what the cost. Traveling through the Nevernever along with Punk, Grimalkin, Wolf, and an unexpected visitor from Ash's past, he sets out on a quest to find his soul and become human so he can live with Meghan in the Iron Realms. As he struggles through the life threatening challenges to become human he discovers more about himself and the deeds of his past. Now Ash must make a life changing decision, can he deal with the ramifications of becoming human, or is he destined to be the cold-hearted Prince he's always been?

My Review:


I have always loved Ash, easily being my favorite character in the Iron Fey series. However, when I found out that the final book in the series was from Ash's point of view I was excited but also a little nervous. Unsure of what to expect I started The Iron Knight, and promptly fell in love with it. I absolutely loved this novel, from the page turning action, to Ash's different point of view; I just couldn't put this book down.


First off, the plot of this novel was riveting. Full of action as Ash and his friends traveled through the Nevernever, facing forgotten and deformed fey, tribes of unfriendly hobyah, and the dangerous trials that await them at the end of the world. As Ash went through the tests to become human, facing his past and struggling to forgive himself for what he's done in the centuries he's been alive, I was glued to this novel, unable to stop reading.


Ever since this series started I have always loved Ash and this novel made me love him even more. His devotion to Meghan is adorable and the more I read about him the more I find myself falling in love with his personality. Another character I have always loved is Grimalkin, while he played a rather minor role in this novel I was still happy to see him there and his arrogant comments still made me laugh. Along with Puck and a small amount of Meghan this novel brought together all the characters from the series, even some surprising new additions.


The Iron Knight is a perfect conclusion to the series, with a happy ending and an exciting road to get there this novel tied everything together beautifully. Definitely a breath of fresh air after the slight repetitiveness of the third book The Iron Knight ends the series on a high note and leaves me eager to read The Lost Prince, the beginning of a new series focusing on Meghan's brother Ethan.


All in all I would highly recommend the Iron Fey series. With action, romance, and characters you can't help but love, this series is definitely one that should not be missed by fans of the fey and paranormal. I'm definitely looking forward to reading more by Kagawa!


4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment