Thursday, January 16, 2014

Review: Rewired

Title: Rewired (Progress #3)

Author: Amy Queau

Date of Publication: October 14, 2013

Formats Available: Paperback, E-book

Buy This Book: Amazon

Synopsis“Because if it weren’t for Jesse, I would have never been the girl you fell in love with.” -Charlie

Impasse: def. noun. 1. a situation in which no progress seems possible. 2. a difficult or puzzling situation from which there is no easy escape.

Charlie is about to find out how far into Jesse’s tormented past she needs to travel when she hops into his car, leaving the man she loves alone and searching for answers.
But Samuel’s a fighter. He’s not about to give up without an explanation. And he’s soon to discover events in Charlie’s past that offer reasons to her recent behavior. But will it be enough for him to want her back?
Unable to forgive herself for what she’s done to Samuel - and her crumbling future without him - Charlie’s solution is simple: Help Jesse open his mind and his heart, allowing him to trust someone for the first time in his life.

Rewired is the third and final book in The Progress Series.

My Review:

Having been with this series since book one I was thrilled to finally see how it was going to all turn out. Charlie and Jesse have gone through a lot, and after the ending of the last book, I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book to see how it all turned out. Queau has improved a lot as a writer and this novel takes the cake as the best, and most well written book, in the series. The changing perspectives flowed seamlessly and the writing pulled me in and didn't let me go until the very last page.

One of the best parts of this series has been watching the development of Charlie. She is in such a different place in this novel than she was in the first book and this novel really emphasizes that change. Charlie is now a strong and confident woman instead of the shy girl we meet in the first novel. Likewise Jesse, the whole reason behind her change, is in a completely different place as well. What's fascinating to me is how the chaos that is Jesse has made Charlie into a stronger person, I love that aspect of their relationship and this novel really brings it all together.

This novel was an absolute roller coaster of emotions. Like Charlie, I had a special place in my heart for both Sam and Jesse. I loved both of them for different reasons; Sam for his sweet personality and Jesse for making Charlie into the person that she is. Throughout the novel I was on the edge of my seat, wondering who Charlie was ultimately going to end up with. I could see the story going both ways and I was excited to see what Queau decided on and how it was going to all play out. I definitely didn't see the ending coming and honestly the series couldn't have turned out any more perfectly.

My favorite part of this novel had to be the development of Sam. Even though we're introduced to him in the second novel his personality doesn't stand out as much as Jesse's does so it was easy to forget about him. I loved having the chance to read from his point of view in this novel and gain a deeper insight to his character. By the time I had finished reading his portion of the story I had a whole new respect for him and even though he wasn't quite as exciting as Jesse I knew that underneath it all I wanted him to be with Charlie.

The Progress series has been a fascinating one; not just from the psychological perspective but to the development of the characters as well. A great series the Progress series stands out among the slew of indie novels and I highly recommend this series to fans of contemporary romance.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment