Friday, February 28, 2014

Review: The Time Tutor

Title: The Time Tutor

Author: Bee Ridgway

Date of Publication: February 25, 2014

Formats Available: E-book

Buy This Book: Amazon

Synopsis: When Alva receives an invitation from a man offering his services as a Time Tutor, she doesn't know what to think: Is he a time traveler or a charlatan? And does it really matter, when he is so devilishly attractive? The Time Tutor is a fast-paced romantic prequel to Bee Ridgway’s acclaimed novel, The River of No Return.

My Review:

It's been quite awhile since I read The River of No Return so I worried about being lost when I started reading this novella. However, I was quickly drawn into the story and it soon became obvious that I didn't need to remember anything about The River of No Return to really enjoy this short story. Ridgeway has a fantastic writing style that instantly pulled me back into the world secrets and time travel.

It was interesting to watch the interactions between Guild members and Hannelore and as the story went on I started to remember more about the conflict between the Guild and the Ofan. I'd forgotten what a fascinating take Ridgway had on time travel and I loved the sparkling descriptions of different time periods and the wonderfully written moment when Alva can finally feel the river of time. I was especially fascinated the the experiments Hannelore was conducting and I wish Ridgway had spent a little more time on them... my fingers are crossed for the sequel!

The romance was fun and kept the story moving along. It wasn't exactly a swoon worthy romance but I enjoyed it all the same; Dar and Alva have a chemistry that shines through the pages. Even though the romance moved extremely quickly, one thing I don't typically enjoy, it worked well for this novella and the little love triangle kept everything interesting.

Fans of the The River of No Return will no doubt adore getting the chance to take a peek at two of the more secondary characters from the first novel. After getting another little taste of Ridgeways writing I'm excited to get my hands on the sequel!

4/5

1 comment: