Monday, July 14, 2014

Review: Newsoul #3: Infinite

Title: Newsoul #3: Infinite

Author: Jodi Meadows

Date of Publication: January 28, 2014

Formats Available: Hardcover, Paperback, E-book

Buy This Book: Amazon

Synopsis: DESTRUCTION
The Year of Souls begins with an earthquake—an alarming rumble from deep within the earth—and it’s only the first of greater dangers to come. The Range caldera is preparing to erupt. Ana knows that as Soul Night approaches, everything near Heart will be at risk.

FLIGHT
Ana’s exile is frightening, but it may also be fortuitous, especially if she can convince her friends to flee Heart and Range with her. They’ll go north, seeking answers and allies to stop Janan’s ascension. And with any luck, the newsouls will be safe from harm’s reach.

CHOICE
The oldsouls might have forgotten the choice they made to give themselves limitless lifetimes, but Ana knows the true cost of reincarnation. What she doesn’t know is whether she’ll have the chance to finish this one sweet life with Sam, especially if she returns to Heart to stop Janan once and for all.

With gorgeous romance and thrilling action, the final book in the Incarnate trilogy offers a brilliant conclusion to the compelling questions of this fascinating world, where one new girl is the key to the lives of millions.

My Review:

After how much I absolutely adored the first two books in this series it's needless to say that I had extremely high expectations from this novel. Since my expectations were so high I suppose it's only natural that this one let me down a little bit, but I just wasn't prepared for how much it would let me down.

I think one of the things I missed most in this novel was the interactions between Sam and Ana. In the past two novels I could feel their relationship through the pages, there was something more than just words on a page that bound them together, and this time around I didn't feel it. Their relationship felt a little flat and superficial and even though there were some cute moments between them it just didn't feel the same as it did in the first two novels.

The other thing I wasn't impressed by this time around was the plot. To be honest it was just kind of... boring. There wasn't much growth for Ana as a character, one of the things I loved most about the first two books, and even though it had some action filled moments most of the book felt like dialogue. I was also a little unimpressed with the mythological creatures like the Sylph and dragons. I know this series is YA but I felt like the way the dragons and sylph were handled made this book feel like it was meant for a younger crowd than the previous two novels.

Despite the fact that I wasn't particularly impressed by this novel there were still a few fantastic moments thrown in. One of the best was the ending, it tied the whole series together and was a wonderful way to end the series. Sometimes conclusions to series leave me feeling unsatisfied, but the ending of this trilogy was absolutely perfect. No lingering questions, no shocking revelations; it was perfect!

Overall I would still highly recommend the Newsoul series to fans of YA fiction. Even though the final book in the series wasn't my favorite the Newsoul trilogy is a great one and fans of romance and fantasy will no doubt enjoy it!

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment