Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Review: The Ruby Circle

Title: Bloodlines #6: The Ruby Circle

Author: Richelle Mead

Date of Publication: February 10, 2015

Formats Available: Hardcover, Paperback, E-book

Buy This BookAmazon.com

Synopsis: The epic conclusion to Richelle Mead's New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series is finally here...

Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets—and human lives.

After their secret romance is exposed, Sydney and Adrian find themselves facing the wrath of both the Alchemists and the Moroi in this electrifying conclusion to Richelle Mead’s New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series. When the life of someone they both love is put on the line, Sydney risks everything to hunt down a deadly former nemesis. Meanwhile, Adrian becomes enmeshed in a puzzle that could hold the key to a shocking secret about spirit magic, a secret that could shake the entire Moroi world.


My Review:

It's always sad to see a series end, especially one I've been so dedicated to following for the past four years. It's been a wild ride with Sydney and Adrian and I'm really sad to see them go.  The Ruby Circle did a great job tying up loose ends in the series but leaving just enough threads behind to make another series entirely possible, and my fingers are crossed that there will be one!

I was super nervous to start this novel since the last one, Silver Shadows, hadn't quite lived up to my expectations. Sadly, I found myself having similar feelings about this novel. It's not to say I didn't like this novel - I loved it, but there was just something missing that was present in the first 4 books of the series. But despite all that Mead did a fantastic job wrapping up the series and answering any lingering questions, plus Mead threw a few twists in there that I totally wasn't expecting. I think what I really missed was the interactions between Sydney and Adrian, something felt a little off between them this time, but I just couldn't quite put my finger on it. 

Now that Sydney and Adrian are married the romance has cooled off a bit. I missed the old banter between the two of them but the two of them have come such a long way since the beginning of the series it would be impossible for everything to stay the same. However, I wished there had been a few more romantic moments between the two of them, Adrian is one of my favorite book boyfriends and I was sad not to see him sprouting his trademark lines that made me love him in the first place. The epilogue was adorable though and I was happy to see that it not only included Sydney and Adrian but Rose and Dimitri as well.  

Though The Ruby Circle is the last book in the Bloodlines series I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of this world. Mead has started so many overlying story arcs, especially regarding Spirit, that it would be impossible for her to stop now where there are so many questions that still need answering! My money is on Angeline being the protagonist of a new series, but I would honestly be happy with just about anyone! 

The Bloodlines series is one of the most amazing series in young adult fiction and I honestly can't recommend it enough! I can't wait to see who Mead writes about yet, and learn more about the fantastic world that she's created! 

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment