Thursday, February 26, 2015

Review: Three Weeks with Lady X

three weeks with lady xTitle: Three Weeks with Lady X

Author: Eloisa James

Date of Publication: March 25, 2014

Formats Available: Paperback, E-book

Buy This Book: Amazon

SynopsisHaving made a fortune, Thorn Dautry, the powerful bastard son of a duke, decides that he needs a wife. But to marry a lady, Thorn must acquire a gleaming, civilized façade, the specialty of Lady Xenobia India.

Exquisite, head-strong, and independent, India vows to make Thorn marriageable in just three weeks.

But neither Thorn nor India anticipate the forbidden passion that explodes between them.

Thorn will stop at nothing to make India his. Failure is not an option.

But there is only one thing that will make India his—the one thing Thorn can't afford to lose...

His fierce and lawless heart.
My Review:

Eloisa James is quickly becoming one of my favorite historical romance authors. Though I had one bad experience everything else I've read by her has been amazing so far. She is truly a master of creating a plot completely focused on romance, but with enough of a side plot to keep the romance from becoming completely overwhelming. 

Though I didn't immediately like Xenobia and Thorn I ended up really like them in the end. Xenobia was the typical historical romance heroine whose strong personality but paired with Thorn she was really able to shine. Plus I loved reading about her job as an interior designer and everything that went along with it. The sexual tension between her and Thorn was great and I loved the pacing of the romance. Even though their relationship was based a little more on lust rather than love it didn't have that kind of sketchy feeling some books get with a more lust based relationship. 

Not only did I find myself forming a connection with the main characters but I had one with the secondary characters as well. From the very start I loved Thorn's intended bride, Lala, and though I knew she wouldn't end up with Thorn I desperately wanted her to have a happy ending. With her cruel mother and reputation as a simpleton there was plenty there for a whole book about Lala, which I would most definitely be first in line for! Not to mention Thorn's ward Rose, a very well spoken six year old who absolutely stole my heart, Rose was hands down my favorite character in the whole novel. 

My only complaint about this novel was Thorn. Despite the fact that I ended up liking his character in the end I just wasn't impressed by the fact that he thought with his dick for the majority of the novel. Even Xenobia's eyes were giving him erections and that was just a step too far for me. Whenever Xenobia was around, especially in the beginning, all the could think about was sex even if the subject at hand was completely unrelated. He got better as the novel went on but it definitely spurred a bit of an instant dislike of his character. 

Despite the few flaws I highly recommend Eloisa James to fans of historical romance and to those who just enjoy a good romance in general. With plenty of wit and humor, as well as great character development and plenty of steamy moments, there's no way you could go wrong!

4/5

                         

No comments:

Post a Comment