I found this survey floating around on the internet and thought it looked like fun! I just love answering questions about reading and I can't wait to see everyone else's answers!
1) The worst reading experience that you have ever had?
In middle school I always used to bring a book with me to school and read it when I had spare time. Everyone else always used to make fun of me and call me a nerd, needless to say I didn't have many friends.
2) The best reading experience you have ever had?
My best friend loves to read as well and every time we have get together's we spend the entire time reading aloud all our favorite parts of all our favorite books!
3) Which book has affected or influenced you the most so far?
I think Sold by Patricia McCormick is one of the most eye opening books I've ever read. It makes me wonder why we're still debating things like gay marriage when there are 12 year old girls being sold into prostitution.
4) Have you ever read a book that you got really scared of?
I can't think of one, I don't tend to read a lot of scary books.
5) What do you use as a bookmark?
Old receipts, business cards, bobby pins, bits of paper; whatever is closest to me whenever I decide to take a break!
6) When do you usually read? At home, work, while cooking, in the morning, noon, afternoon, before you go to bed...?
I always read when I'm at home, it doesn't matter what time of day it is, if I'm at home I'm reading! I also bring a book with me to work and read on my breaks and on my lunch.
7) Do you remember the first book that you read?
No, but when I was a kid I memorized the words to the book Leo the Late Bloomer and used to turn the pages and say the words aloud even though I couldn't read them.
8) Which do you prefer - paperback or hardcover?
I prefer paperback, as bad as it is I always like to fold back the front/back covers while I'm reading. Besides hardcover is expensive!
9) What are you currently reading? What page are you on?
I'm currently reading Deeper by Blue Ashcroft. It's on my kindle so I don't know what page I'm one, I am at 65% though.
10) Do you ever leave "a mark" (deliberate and/or not deliberate) in your books? For example, write in them, underline quotes, coffeemarks or food crumbs and etc.
I have a habit of correcting mistakes that I find, I just can't stand spelling errors!
11) Does the title, amount of pages and the cover affect you when you are considering a specific book?
They both play a part but I try not to let covers or pages impact whether or not I read a book. I may take a longer time to get around to reading a book that doesn't have a pretty cover or has a lot of pages but I always get to them eventually.
12) Do you ever browse through to the last pages in order find out the ending?
ALWAYS! The one thing I don't like about my Kindle is not being able to flip around. I always read the ending first. Always.
13) Have knowing the ending of a book (example, through spoilers or a movie) ever made you decide whether you will read the book or not?
Yup! When I found out that Clary and Jace from City of Bones weren't actually brother and sister I decided to finally finish the series!
14) Is there a book that you have read more than five times?
Yes! My favorite book in Middle School was The City of Ember and I read that book at least 10 or 12 times. To this day it's one of my favorite books.
15) Have you ever been in an accident where the book was the cause? (for example, almost getting hit by a car when reading while walking, or having stacks of books falling on you from a bookshelf...)
I almost had a heart attack when I found a spider hiding on one of my bookshelves. Spiders are my biggest (and only) fear.
16) Do you sell/give away your books or do you keep them, even though you don't like one of them?
I check out all my books from the library and then I buy all the ones I love!
17) Do you bring with you the book when needing to use the toilet? Do you ever read in the bathroom?
Occasionally, I like reading in the bathtub better!
18) Do you have some kind of book system, where you write down what you are reading, have bought, will read, will buy and etc? (Goodreads doesn't count)
Nope, I only use Goodreads. I used to make lists but I don't need to anymore.
19) Do you keep a reading diary/journal?
Before I had my blog I religiously wrote down all my thoughts on the books I read. I have notebooks from 2006 with lists of all the books I read. Now that I have my blog I don't write all of that down anymore though.
Leave a comment with your answers!